Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Thankful that He Moved into My Neighborhood

"The Word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighborhood."
                                                            - John 1:14 (MSG)

And today I'm thankful that he stepped down.

I'm thankful that He chose to be born homeless and celebrate with those lowly shepherds.

Today I want to thank Him for choosing to come.

For coming in the humblest of ways.

For being born on the margins.

For coming helpless into this world as a babe.

For being immersed in the struggle.

I thank Him for taking the hardest path in staying.
With all of the tensions, beauties, struggles, and relationships.

For being in it for the long haul.

For not giving up.

I thank Him for His example.

I thank Him for causing an unexpected scandal.

For going against the grain.

I thank Him for being Immanuel.

For walking side by side.

I thank Him for being here.

The Most Powerful above all, not only coming to the least of these, but becoming the least of these.

This is hope.
and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment